FIR against celebrities: Javadekar blames’tukde-tukde gang’ to get rumours of all Centre’s involvement.
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar said on Tuesday that neither the Bharatiya Janata Party nor the government had nothing to do with the first data report filed against 49 individuals, charging them with sedition for composing a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, PTI reported.
“That is a canard that is always distributed to defame the Modi government and utilized to give an impression that there’s a choking of freedom of expression in a draconian fashion below it.
This is a complete falsehood spread by vested interests and tukde-tukde gang.”
Javadekar claimed that distributing falsehood and faking details were old tips that critics used to defame the Narendra Modi-led government. “This is exactly what is going on in this situation,” he explained. “This entire gang has community globe over. But people know who stands for what.”
Javadekar had said on October 6 that the Centre has not filed any case against the 49 individuals. “One person approached the courtroom and the court has directed its own orders. We haven’t achieved anything in this regard,” he explained. The 49 characters contained historian Ramachandra Guha, actor Konkona Sen Sharma, along with filmmakers Mani Ratnam and Aparna Sen, amongst others.
In their correspondence to Modi in July, the people figures had claimed that the”Jai Shri Ram” slogan had turned into a”provocative war cry” and the reason for numerous lynchings. A lawyer, Sudhir Kumar Ojha, who also claimed that the letter had”tarnished India’s image” and”undermined the remarkable performance of their prime minister”, had registered a complaint, and then an FIR had been registered.
The charges were allegedly registered after an order by Chief Judicial Magistrate Surya Kant Tiwari, that ruled on a petition filed by advocate Ojha.
They dared Modi to book them sending the letter also. “If they believe that the 49 signatories are all traitors, please proceed and book all of us who have sent the identical letter,” said DYFI State Secretary AA Rahim. “We are prepared to fill the jails with this trigger.”
As many as 185 stars on Monday supported the open letter to Modi and backed the 49 individuals. They also condemned the FIR filed against the actors.